Buckwheat Pancake Stack
Posted by Domenic Palumbo on 6 August 2018
Cooks: 2-4 / Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 15 mins / Total Time: 25 mins
Ingredients - pancake batter
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/3 cup chickpea flour
1 and 1/2 cups water
2 teaspoons coconut yogurt
Method - pancake batter
1. Place flour in mixing bowl
2. Add coconut yogurt and a pinch salt
3. Add half the water and then mix with a fork. Then stir through the rest of the water. You want to achieve consistency that is not to runny and not to thick. Then set aside
Ingredients and preparation - pancake stack
2 organic bananas - slice thin on an angle
Punnet of blueberries or any berries that are in season - strawberries also rock just didn't have any in the fridge
Smooth 100% natural peanut butter
Organic rice malt syrup
Thick dollop cream or coconut yogurt
Butter (Vegan - use a vegan butter)
2 squares of 70% dark chocolate (Vegan - use a vegan chocolate)
Method - pancake
1. Heat a non-stick pan add a little butter
2. Pour in pancake mixture to make a perfect circle - tilt the pan around to help form the circle
3. As quick as possible push the banana slices evenly into the pancake. You want to try and push the banana in so that it becomes level with the surface of the pancake.
4. When you start to see air bubbles flip the pancake to cook the other side. Best to use a spatula. Once the pancake is cooked to your liking remove from heat and repeat the process. You should be able to cook about 8 pancakes from this mix.
5. Once you have cooked all your pancakes you can begin to form the stack.
6. Use a nice flat plate or chopping board and place the first pancake down with the banana facing up. Use a knife to drizzle peanut butter and a little rice malt syrup. Then add some blueberries, more fresh banana and then keep repeating this process until you have a good looking stack.
7. Grate some dark chocolate over the stack and around the plate - makes a wonderful garnish
8. Finish off with a nice dollop of thick cream or coconut yogurt
9. Note - you can be creative and use fruits that you love
Happy days - Enjoy!