Turmeric cheela with greens
Posted by Domenic Palumbo on 6 August 2018
Cooks: 2 / Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 15 mins / Total Time: 25 mins
1 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon turmeric
Pinch cracked sea salt
Pinch cracked pepper
2 Eggs (Vegan - simply double the smashed avo)
4 thin slices cheddar cheese (Vegan - substitute with a tasty vegan cheese)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Pinch garlic salt
Butter (Vegan - just use olive oil)
- Place chickpea flour in a mixing bowl and add salt, turmeric and pepper. Slowly add water while mixing until you get the perfect consistency, not to thick but not to runny. Feel free to add a little more water to achieve the perfect consistency. Set this mix aside.
- In a small bowl add avocado, lemon, turmeric, a little salt and pepper. Smash it all together and set aside.
- Chop the spring onion, broccoli and baby spinach and add to fry pan. Add a little olive oil to the fry pan and sauté it all for around 8 minutes. You want a little crunch to the broccoli. Just before the greens are ready push the greens to one side of the pan and fry the eggs.
- Add a little knob of butter to another fry pan and heat, once the pan is nice and hot add chickpea mix and form two large circles. If you can’t fit two in one pan just cook one at a time. Cook on each side until the outsides of the chela has a nice crust. When cooked, place on serving plates.
- Add cheese to the base of chela so that it melts
- Once the veggies are cooked, place on top of the cheese
- Then stack the egg on top of the greens, followed by a scoop of smashed avocado
- Garnish with alfalfa
Boom - Enjoy!